Account Executive (Logistics), Luxury Automotive - National Driving Experience
THE JOB / Account Executive (Logistics), Luxury Automotive - National Driving Experience
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
Octagon is looking for an Account Executive (AE) to coordinate multiple elements for a large-scale national driving program for a luxury automotive client, traveling to different markets for multiple events across the country! The program will showcase the full line of the luxury automotive client’s vehicles through a combination of professional driving instruction on closed courses, and test drives on local routes!
Events will take place from April - November each year on both weekdays and weekends; travel days as well as off days are built into the schedule. The position will require travel, including working non-traditional hours during weekends, nights, and holidays, and may include assisting with the transport of the vehicle fleet.
The right candidate will be able to work collaboratively and will interact with various internal divisions, client partners/vendors, and consumers. We are looking for someone who is highly collaborative, is a self-starter, and is willing to take the lead and voice their opinions and ideas. Strong team dynamics skills and excellent interpersonal skills are required for this position.
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
All applicants must provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Work closely with the core team in planning and implementing key program elements
- Be responsible for the day-to-day operations of planning and executing events while serving as a main point of contact for vendors, guests and partners
- Communicate clearly and effectively with clients, vendors, venue operators, and partners
- Coordinate event planning and logistics from initial contact through event execution with multiple venues around the country
- Own finance paperwork and documentation (e.g. creation of POs and adding new venues as vendors into our systems)
- Assist in the hiring and management of 12 event trainees including staff schedules, expenses, and payroll
- Coordinate with vehicle logistics team, providing program updates and venue information that will be used for transporting vehicles to each market
- Develop post event recap decks for clients at the conclusion of each market and compile end of year recaps
- Assist with upkeep of fleet vehicles
- Other related duties as reasonably assigned
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity culture - passion for luxury automotive a strong plus
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 1+ years’ within an agency or client service experience and event planning preferred
- Excellent project management and leadership skills
- Must be at least 21+ years of age with a valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Desire to learn and develop a career in event marketing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Capacity to become knowledgeable on our client’s industry, brand and product offerings
- An attentive work ethic, with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and produce quality work in an organized fashion, while adhering to program deadlines (ex: reporting documents, client facing decks, venue communication)
- Ability and comfort level to interact with consumers in an event setting
- Willingness to travel extensively (including weekends) for weeks at a time
- Strong ability to work as part of a team, demonstrate initiative and solve problems effectively and independently
- An outgoing people person who can help manage relationships with key partners (e.g. venues, vendors, partners, etc.)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software (specifically PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.