Jr. Art Director
THE JOB / Jr. Art Director
CREATIVE / Responsible for generating bold, innovative ideas and producing design, technology and content for our clients’ marketing programs
A great idea and the best headline in the world don’t mean diddly if there isn’t a strong visual or good design to bring it to life! There’s nothing wrong with sound strategy or great copy but for an idea to really sing, it takes art direction and visual polish.
That’s what we’re looking for. A Junior Art Director who’s about their craft and wants to work at the forefront of sports and entertainment marketing while learning their craft work with some of the best in the business.
And that means you’ll be responsible for the development of beautifully designed presentations through compelling visuals that are easy to understand and make us stand out from the competition. You’ll also be working alongside a team of talented designers, developers, creative directors and copy writers to create exceptional graphics and experiences for our clients and, more importantly, the diverse and ever-changing audiences they’re trying to reach!
Rest assured though, there will be ample opportunity for you to pitch in on a wide variety of design work for our entire roster of clients.
Last but not least, this is a pretty cool place to work – and that’s coming from the people writing this job posting, not the HR department.
Everyone on the team works hard, but it’s not working hard just to prove who can work longest. We work hard because the creative opportunities are great, and we actually like working with each other to do interesting work while keeping clients happy. We also know that all work and no play make for terrible ideas.
Sound interesting? If so, give a shout. Check for specific details below.
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Design and successfully execute amazing visual presentations for our clients, primarily utilizing the Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe software (Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign) as well
- Liaise with internal teams throughout the creative/production process
- Gather and maintain confidentiality of information from multiple sources and execute respective graphic solutions
- Assist in planning, scheduling and implementing design projects
- Clearly communicate with key internal parties to ensure concepts are approved and projects timelines are met
- Leading or assisting with the conception, production and design of both print and digital graphics (logo design, campaign visuals, event signage, social graphics, invitations, etc.)
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A portfolio that showcases strong page layout and typography skills, with great attention to detail
- Formal design training and 1-2 years of experience in presentation related design work
- Strong Microsoft Office, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign skills
- Deadline driven, organized and comprehend how people view and understand content
- Enjoys designing visuals that tell a story
- Comfortable presenting creative internally or to clients
- Producing sketches, storyboards and art layouts based on creative visions/ideas
- A passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.