THE JOB / Art Director
CREATIVE / Responsible for generating bold, innovative ideas and producing design, technology and content for our clients’ marketing programs
A great idea and the best headline in the world don’t mean diddly if there isn’t a strong visual or good design to bring it to life. There’s nothing wrong with sound strategy or great copy but to truly express ideas, it takes art direction and visual polish to make them sing.
And that’s what we’re looking for! An Art director who’s about their craft and wants to work at the forefront of sports and entertainment marketing!
Specifically, you’ll work alongside a team of talented designers, developers, creative directors and copy writers to create exceptional visuals and experiences for our clients and, more importantly, the diverse and ever-evolving audiences they’re trying to reach.
Last but not least, this is a pretty cool place to work – and that’s coming from the people writing this job posting, not the HR department.
Everyone on the team works hard, but it’s not working hard just to prove who can work longest. We work hard because the creative opportunities are phenomenal and we actually like working with each other to do exciting work while keeping clients happy. We also know that all work and no play make for terrible ideas.
Sound exciting? If so, give a shout. Check for specific details below!
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
Including, but not limited to, leading or assisting with the conception, production and design of the following:
- Brand imagery – logo design, campaign visuals, photography direction, retouching, etc.
- Digital – social media graphics, website design, email marketing graphics, etc.
- Print – event signage, brochures, posters, point-of-sale, invitations, etc.
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A portfolio that showcases strong layout and typography skills, with great attention to detail
- Enjoys designing visuals that tell a story
- Formal design training and 3+ years of experience
- Strong Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign skills.
- Producing sketches, storyboards and art layouts based on creative visions/ideas
- Generate clear ideas and concepts in tandem with a copywriter
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Comfortable presenting creative internally or to clients
- You have a passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.