Account Executive, Experiential
THE JOB / Account Executive, Experiential
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
Does working with celebrity chefs hosting once in a lifetime dinner parties in one of a kind location sound like a dream come true? Do you have an interest in the arts - everything from Broadway to ballet? Are you passionate about hospitality and white glove service? This may be your next big move!
We are looking for an Account Executive to join our dynamic team to support our top of the line Lifestyle campaign for our payment services client. The Lifestyle campaign will consist of in person and virtual custom dinner events where you will manage partner and vendor relationships, plan events through execution and provide client deliverables. In this position you will also assist in managing yearly sponsorships of iconic Arts & Culture properties.
Our ideal candidate will be highly organized, detail oriented, and a great communicator. We are looking for someone who is highly collaborative, is a self-starter, and is comfortable taking the lead and voicing their opinions and ideas. If you are looking for a mix of sponsorship and event planning experience this position is for you!
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Act as day-to-day contact for key clients
- Communicate clearly and effectively with clients, vendors, venue operators, and partners
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of planning and executing events (all logistics: pre, during, and post, from researching venues to wrap reports, budgets, and timelines)
- Deliver unique, custom event solutions to key program partners, internally and externally, on a regular basis
- Maintain and seek creative ways to enhance partner relationships, as well as vendors and properties.
- Maximize the value of the sponsorship assets and programs
- Handle approvals of sponsorship branding and messaging onsite and in digital collateral
- Handle numerous projects simultaneously, managing smaller-scale turn-key event experiences and supporting large scale custom event experiences
- Own finance paperwork and documentation (Creation of POs, job codes and adding new clients as vendors into our systems)
- Develop post event wrap-up emails and decks to clients directly following events and compile end of year recaps
- Attend events while serving as a main point of contact for vendors, guests, client and partners
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A fan or expert of celebrity & lifestyle culture, food, travel, Broadway, dance and the arts
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-3 years’ experience within an agency or client service experience and event planning preferred
- Be comfortable and able to shine in front of clients
- A standout colleague who loves to share their opinion and solve problems but can also work independently
- An outgoing people person who can help manage relationships with key partners (e.g. venues, vendors, suppliers, etc.)
- An attentive work ethic, with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and produce quality work, while adhering to deadlines (ex: reporting documents, client facing decks, budgets)
- Excellent project management skills
- Some budget management and/or reconciliation experience desirable
- An A+ organizer and communicator
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software (specifically PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.