Senior Account Manager
We are thrilled to be looking for an exceptional candidate who will manage Football sponsorship campaigns and activations for two of our major FMCG clients, across some of the UK’s most prominent football sponsorships (including the England Men’s & Women’s National teams, The FA Cup, and English Premier League). If you have integrated marketing experience, outstanding client service and account management skills, are a real team player and are passionate about creating brilliant work, this could be the perfect role for you:
You will be responsible for:
- Day to day account management across both clients
- Collaboration across multiple departments and with the client’s integrated agency group
- Development of integrated marketing campaigns, and consumer activations and promotions (creative, digital/social media, sales/retailer, cross- promotions with other sponsors, etc.)
- Liaison with rights holders (The FA, EPL & agents)
- Provision of industry knowledge of sports industries and properties
- Creative utilization and delivery of sponsorship assets
- Preparation of strategy, operational briefing and reporting documentation
- Management and delivery of client’s integration with the property
- Delivery, management and execution of big event activation
- Ensuring client budgets are well managed, tracked, reconciled and invoiced on time
- Reporting – pre, during and post events
This could be your next right move if:
- You are a strategic thinker with a passion for creative marketing and a knowledge of the sports landscape - key properties, governing bodies, talent, competitor activity
- You are comfortable working in and across different cultures, with the ability to deal with people at all levels and across industries
- You have the ability to collaborate across disciplines, departments and client’s additional agency partners
- You communicate clearly. You can write well and can explain your thoughts and ideas succinctly
- You stay focused and pay attention to the detail
- You are a real team player and have previous experience of demonstrating strong leadership skills
- You think on your feet and can quickly adapt when things change
- You enjoy solving problems and finding creative solutions to challenges
- You are patient, level headed and cool under pressure
- You want to contribute to making great work that sits at the heart of sports and culture in the UK
You will also need to have:
- Solid agency experience working in a similar role with strong project management skills
- High level Power Point Skills, Excel and Outlook and a confidence to present internally and externally
- Staff management experience
We’re the global sports, entertainment and lifestyle-marketing arm of IPG. A collection of 800 fans bound by a single mission: To create work that earns attention.
HOW WE SEE THE WORLD
We live in a world where time is our most precious commodity, and our audiences’ patience has never been shorter. As an industry, we’ve never had to work harder to gain the attention of the people we’re trying to reach. The way we see it, there’s two ways to go about it.
Attention is either bought or it’s earned.
Paid attention ensures your brand will be heard – and that's a good start. But attention that’s earned ensures your audience actually listens to what you're saying.
At Octagon, our purpose is to create work that earns attention. Through smart partnerships and generous ideas, we compete for, capture, and ultimately earn the attention of those who matter most.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.