Senior Account Executive, Experiential
THE JOB / Senior Account Executive, Payment Services Client, Merchant Marketing
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
As our new Senior Account Executive, you’ll definitely work hard and play hard! The ideal candidate will enjoy, rocking out at a private concert, cheering on their favorite sports team and meeting world-renowned chefs! The SAE will support the Payment Services Merchant Marketing Team, specifically on their largest travel partner. The day-to-day includes coordinating event and activation logistics, activation planning, execution of assigned programs and daily client communications and management. While you’re coordinating these programs, you’ll assist in brainstorming new programs to drive our clients’ partner marketing objectives.
If you are looking for an opportunity with planning and executing events and activations of all sizes alongside a team who finds the fun in the chaos, this position is for you.
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Provide support and be the lead through all aspects of event programming; from initial brainstorm through execution (on-site and virtual) and wrap-up
- Be the day to day client liaison across multiple programs
- Develop tailored experiential event strategic plans
- Assist and/or manage numerous projects simultaneously, both large-scale custom experiences and smaller-scale events
- Oversee the management of materials related to individual events, including but not limited to: digital programs, invitations, ordering of premiums
- Create and develop relationships with internal and external partners as well as outside vendors and properties
- Facilitate and/or manage program budgets and be diligent in all accounting and expense procedures
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A passion and expertise in experiential program management
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or 2-4 years of relevant work experience
- You’ve worked in an event management setting and have had direct ownership or lead responsibilities over a project
- You’re an excellent project manager and can balance multiple programs simultaneously
- You can provide solid examples of your success in building strong client relationships
- You have budget management and/or reconciliation experience
- The desire to supervise, manage and mentor more junior employees
- Your communication skills – both written and verbal – are superb
- You have a can-do attitude and a desire to succeed
- Computer proficiency, including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- You’re flexible and able to travel domestically (25%) and work weekends or holidays as needed
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.