Limited Term Digital Media Coordinator
The Limited Term Digital Media Coordinator will work in our Strategic Initiatives Division, as we shape the future of talent driven media. This is an excellent opportunity for a hardworking, creative and intrinsically driven person seeking to work at the cutting edge of sports marketing and media. You will assist our team with the development of a variety of exciting digital media properties. Responsibilities include the organization of media assets, partnership fulfilment, media reporting and creation of original marketing tools for existing clients.
The position is a paid, full-time, limited term position (30 to 40 hours per week for fourteen weeks), based in our McLean or Richmond, VA office. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, you will work remotely for the foreseeable future.
Who we’re looking for:
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills; ability to get along with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Understanding of the sports media business and the content landscape
- A digital native and an avid social media user, you also have the ability to teach the team and share your findings
- Experience with social media marketing and data analysis and measurement across all major and emerging platforms (FB/IG, Twitter, YouTube, Snap, Tik Tok, Shopify, Weibo, WeChat, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Knowledge of digital media and advertising
- Basic knowledge of critical metrics and how to measure outcomes to demonstrate a return on investment
- A positive demeanor, ability to balance competing priorities and tight turnarounds, and high standards in all that you do
- A desire to work cross functionally, both internally and externally with many team members
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and go above and beyond to help your team succeed
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as Keynote, Google Docs etc.
- Ability to work with a team and independently
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications and market research tools
- Creative/digital/web design experience makes you a better candidate
- Proficiency in WordPress and Photoshop is a plus
The Work You’ll Do:
- Assist with market planning, development and distribution of client media and marketing initiatives
- Support the efficient and effective implementation of marketing programs with a solutions based approach.
- Think strategically, with a constant awareness of the trending subject matter across social media platforms
- Connect the dots across all aspects of our client’s businesses, from concept to execution
- Research potential business and partnership opportunities for clients
- Create marketing, media, planning and research presentations
- Compile analytics and develop reports including facilitating/crafting tracking processes for reporting and analytics, insights gathering, providing regular performance updates and feedback to key internal and external partners
- Support other business and administrative efforts of the division
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume on-line at www.octagon.com in the “Careers” section.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.