Manager, Media Planning
THE JOB / Manager, Media Planning
STRATEGY / Responsible for developing and executing investment recommendations for our clients.
Are you a forward-thinking creator of digital marketing campaigns who can distill sophisticated data into digestible insights and actionable strategies? We’re searching for a Manager, Media Planning to join our growing team. If you possess a strong combination of creative and analytical thinking, and have an innovative, adaptive, and team-first approach, this may be your next move!
You’ll work across clients to deliver social and digital strategies that maximize sponsorship investments across paid distribution channels – media partnerships, paid social, & content ideation.
You will look at clients’ objectives through the lens of digital and formulate audience development and distribution strategies. Digital is creative and ever-changing—we’re looking for someone that can dive into metrics and produce smart and creative ideas and solutions. You will live within the intersection of our clients’ brand story, their sponsorship partnerships, and bringing these two things to live via digital.
Our work is fast-paced, so organization, planning and time management are important. We’re looking for resourcefulness and someone who demonstrates initiative on day-to-day planning, implementing, & reporting on paid social and digital media programs.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Formulate paid digital marketing plans, including (but not limited to) actionable recommendations regarding media partnerships, programmatic buying, & paid social
- Partner with creative teams to engage in content ideation & recommended distribution channels
- Develop social and digital ideas and actively participate in brainstorms
- Measure campaigns and deliver meaningful real-time insights and optimization strategies as well as post campaign recaps
- Present recommendations to clients and speak to the insights and consumer analysis that drove the strategy
- Work on sports partnerships to deliver asset recommendations, digital valuations, content opportunities that maximize client investments
- Use social listening and measurement tools to develop research around conversations and audiences
- Manage projects, including the execution of a campaign from the initial recommendation through the final wrap-up
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A passion for sports, entertainment, gaming, and music. You keep a pulse on pop culture and what’s trending digitally
- Bachelor’s degree and/or a minimum of 3-5 years of meaningful experience in digital/social strategy, media planning and/or media buying
- Experience creating and executing digital marketing and amplification strategies
- Proficiency with digital analytics and social tools, including paid social buying platforms (Facebook, Google, Twitter), Google Analytics, and Excel
- You’ve used these tools for campaign formation, tracking, and research, and can adeptly synthesize insights from data
- Understanding of the marketing funnel and experience developing conversion tactics
- Proficiency with PowerPoint and ability to build client-facing presentations
- Familiarity with social metrics and baseline social and digital key performance indicators
- Organized and able to effectively and efficiently manage projects – you know how to keep everything on task and have a keen attention to follow-through
- Highly adaptive to changing client and internal needs
- Attention to detail, and an understanding the importance of accuracy, as much of the work is consumer and client facing
- Ability to learn, stay on the cusp of new platforms and tools, and educate internal counterparts as well as clients on new trends, technology, and digital strategies
- Team-first, collaborative mentality
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.