We’re thrilled to be looking for an exceptional Group Director based in our London office. This role will oversee a number of premier client accounts, in categories including Betting, FMCG and Technology – on through the line campaigns and large-scale brand activations. This a truly integrated marketing role with the opportunity to deliver amazing sports lead creative work.
We are all yours if you have remarkable client service skills and a consistent track record of delivering integrated campaigns. You will be an inspiring, motivating team leader and line manager, keen to develop and upskill their team whilst driving excellent results and aiming to be a significant contributor at an industry leading agency.
A love of sports is not prerequisite, a passionate marketer with an appreciation for great creative work is our priority. This could also be a great opportunity for you to apply your personal interests and passions to your work.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
Account and agency leadership
- Highly confident in establishing relationships with and advising senior partners
- Seen as a leader within the business, with ownership culture and inspirational problem solving abilities
- Display an entrepreneurial spirit to growth, regularly suggesting potential opportunities (new targets and existing client growth) and ways of acting upon them
- Act as a beacon for excellence within client services, ensuring your team is constantly evolving and growing in terms of perception, skillset and ability
- You’ll be as experienced at new business pitches and speaking publicly to the company (as you are taking briefs, presenting creative and dealing with prospects)
- Consistently drive client activity, suggest strategic and tactical solutions to their marketing objectives
- Develop solutions to client challenges and present agency creative in a clear, engaging and persuasive manner – always balance clients´ interest with protecting the agency and team
- Always plan forward to ensure the best resource is available and allocated based on skill sets and project requirements
- Work closely and collaborate with planning, creative and project management as your partners
- Be absolutely solid in negotiating MSAs, scope of work, estimate fees and financial reporting
- Be truly passionate about developing award winning creative solutions and creating excitement around it – externally as well as internally
- Proven ability to lead a briefing process with planning and creative, excellent in getting the work through the agency, championing project management / creative delivery and producing – and the ability to navigate clients through each and every step
- Specialist at providing and collating feedback, and providing constructive and efficient input to the creative process
- Lead and manage your team to provide the very highest levels of client services
- Develop a highly effective team who continually surpass client expectations
- Act as a coach/mentor/motivator and develop the team so each member grows and works effectively
- Not be afraid to deal with any people challenges or issues
What we’re looking for:
- A highly driven and motivated individual
- Exceptional communicator
- Commercial acumen
- Strategic thinker and problem solver
- Someone who challenges the status quo
- A collaborative and inclusive approach
- Experience leading teams to exceed client expectations
- A commitment to developing talent underneath and around you, with the emotional intelligence to adapt and effectively handle different personalities
- A proven record in winning new business/growing existing business
- Experience in developing service offerings and growing teams
- Excellent Project Management skills with a high degree of numeracy and literacy
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind
We’re the global sports, entertainment and lifestyle-marketing arm of IPG. A collection of 800 fans bound by a single mission: To create work that earns attention.
HOW WE SEE THE WORLD
We live in a world where time is our most precious commodity, and our audiences’ patience has never been shorter. As an industry, we’ve never had to work harder to gain the attention of the people we’re trying to reach. The way we see it, there’s two ways to go about it.
Attention is either bought or it’s earned.
Paid attention ensures your brand will be heard – and that's a good start. But attention that’s earned ensures your audience actually listens to what you're saying.
At Octagon, our purpose is to create work that earns attention. Through smart partnerships and generous ideas, we compete for, capture, and ultimately earn the attention of those who matter most.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.