THE JOB / Events Manager
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
We are looking for a creative, experienced and highly motivated Event Manager to create exceptional experiences and events. The Event Manager will work across multiple accounts and various passion categories and be a significant contributor to event development and production via the project management of numerous events throughout the year!
The Event Manager will need to be very organized, with precise attention to detail as there are often times multiple events in development at once. We are looking for an event pro who has experience working with a wide range of online and digital platforms and who can incorporate new technology into live events to amplify consumer engagement. This position may require travel and is best suited for a candidate interested in working in a team environment.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Lead all elements of virtual, hybrid or in-person experiences and traditional video production projects from experiential concepting through post production
- Drive the content and development process by leading the planning and execution of thought leadership and conference-style events across multiple passion categories
- Produce and direct live stream, pre-taped and/or in-person consumer facing experiences utilizing sponsorship assets. (e.g. culinary classes, talent and athlete meet & greets, etc)
- Produce and direct internal B2B conferences for C-Level executives using experiential concepts to add value to the events
- Handle event platform production and design for virtual, hybrid or in-person
- Create and manage event budgets, run of shows and timelines
- Lead pre-event rehearsals with client participation
- Collaborate closely with Creative department on client needs for additional content capture production and creative needs
- Integrate virtual technology into sponsorship events to create a hybrid model maximizing attendee engagement
- Stay current and often ahead of the curve on events design and production trends
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years’ experience in producing live/virtual events and video/content editing including webinars, webcasts and virtual conferences
- Knowledge of technical and logistical aspects of production
- Experience and knowledge of the limitations and abilities of various virtual event and streaming platforms (e.g. Zoom, Teams, WebEx)
- Experience with streaming to social channels (e.g. Twitter, Facebook Live, YouTube), and online streaming platforms (e.g. StreamYard)
- Experience leading event teams and producing live events
- Enjoy working on multiple projects at the same time and prioritizing work based on designated deadlines
- Ability to learn new tools and systems quickly and understand workflow processes
- Ability to collaborate with multiple partners and demonstrate strong relationship building skills
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.