Account Trainee, Marketing Communications and Partnerships Assistant
THE JOB / Account Trainee, Marketing Communications & Partnerships Assistant
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
Assist event staff with day-to-day preparation and execution of the SAS Championship, a PGA TOUR Champions event held October 11 - 17, 2021at Prestonwood Country Club. The Octagon staff, located in Cary, NC, is directly responsible for managing all aspects of the event!
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Support Marketing and Communications department with social media management and execution
- Research market and target demographics to support marketing and sales plan
- Track performance of tournament marketing and communication activities
- Responsible for tracking, accounting, and distribution of tournament ticket sales, including management of digital ticketing platform (Eventbrite)
- Support Corporate and Community Partnerships department with partnership fulfillment
- Assist in the organization and communication for the SAS Championship Pro-Am and Pro-Am Pairings Party
- Maximize the activation and engagement of the Tournament’s admission and vendor expo area
- Assist with implementation of special projects and grassroots marketing efforts
- Contribute to the coordination and activation of key Tournament special events like Executive Women’s Day, Food Truck Friday, 5K at the SAS Championship, etc.
- Other related duties/projects as reasonably assigned
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You have a passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Excellent communicator: written and verbal, attention to detail
- Relationship builder and great teammate
- Organized and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Social media savy (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok) – developing, executing, and analyzing content strategies
- Experience with content creation (Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, Wordpress)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Weekend, holiday and non-traditional hours in a team atmosphere
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.