Account Trainee, Community Engagement Assistant
THE JOB / Account Trainee, Community Engagement Assistant
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
Assist event staff with day-to-day preparation and execution of the SAS Championship, a PGA TOUR Champions event held October 11 - 17, 2021 at Prestonwood Country Club. The Octagon staff, located in Cary, NC, is directly responsible for managing all aspects of the event!
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Recruit 700+ volunteers through local country clubs, courses, and community-wide promotions specific to SAS employees and host club members
- Maintain volunteer database and manage volunteer payment plan and volunteer assignments
- Organize planning meetings with volunteer chairmen
- Organize volunteer training sessions in cooperation with the PGA TOUR Champions
- Create and distribute bi-monthly tournament communications to volunteers
- Management of tournament merchandise and inventory
- Support Tournament Event Coordinator on volunteer partnerships and fulfillment
- Set-up and maintain on-site elements including volunteer headquarters
- Assist with implementation of special projects & partnership extensions in Cary
- Help staff tournament booth at community networking events
- Contribute to the coordination and activation of key Tournament special events like Executive Women’s Day, Food Truck Friday, 5K at the SAS Championship, etc.
- Compile tournament overview report at close of the event
- Other related duties/projects as reasonably assigned
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You have a passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Polished communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong desire to work in a team setting
- Confident ability to solve problems, demonstrate initiative, and present a proactive work ethic
- Extreme organization, multi-tasking ability, and commitment to deadlines
- Mature business sense and ability to work alongside client daily
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Internet
- Interest in sports and event management as a long-term career
- Willingness to work weekends, holidays, and non-standard hours
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.