Senior Account Executive
THE JOB / Senior Account Executive
INTEGRATED MARKETING / Responsible for leading Octagon’s client business and day-to-day management of client programs.
We are looking for a Senior Account Executive to support the client’s NFL and NBA team partnerships! The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational and communications skills, experience with major sponsorship programs and global brands, and exceptional people skills. Strong event management experience and skills are required for this position.
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Support the development of activation plans & promotional concepts for client’s team partnerships
- Coordinate partnership asset development feedback and approvals, ticket requests and fulfillment, and sponsorship asset allocation and reporting
- Support evaluation of additional sponsorship opportunities provided by team partners and/or other property rights owners
- Provide on-site event management/activation/rights delivery support as needed
- Serve as primary liaison with client team and team partners for client’s research projects
- Support client in preparation of presentations, reports and overviews
- Develop internal communications for client, e.g. recaps and overview documents
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or 2-4 years agency/client service experience. 1+ year(s) experience in specified field such as sports sponsorship, event marketing or industry-specific
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- A self-starter who will take initiative with new projects and has the ability to work independently
- Excellent communications skills – both written and verbal. A writing and PowerPoint assignment will be a part of the hiring process
- Experience in document writing including status reports, recaps, industry/competitive analysis
- On-site hospitality management and execution experience
- Capacity to become day-to-day client contact
- Ability to manage relationships with key partners (e.g. teams, venues, vendors, suppliers, etc.)
- Some budget management and/or reconciliation experience
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Detail oriented and superior organization skills
- Ability and flexibility to work long hours and travel when needed
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.