THE JOB / Creative Technologist
CREATIVE / Responsible for generating bold, innovative ideas and producing design, technology and content for our clients’ marketing programs
Do you love to explore new technologies or find new ways to refresh old ideas? Get ready to repurpose technology to discover new uses for experiential builds and collaborate with design-minded people to deliver innovative and exciting projects!
We’re looking for a Creative Technologist to work on our Innovation team. In this unique opportunity, you’ll work closely with our technology experience strategy and creative teams to pitch and create interactive products and offerings we can execute for our international clients.
We’ll look to you to act as a thought leader for Octagon internally and externally and organize innovation workshops with team members and clients. If you’re a digital pioneer who enjoys making tech easy for the average user, this opportunity is for you!
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Lead discussions about emerging technologies, responsive design for creative concepts and coordinate third party partnerships Octagon has in place
- Be a thought leader demonstrating an understanding of mobile and wearable technologies and web-based APIs
- Clearly discuss and explain your solutions with both technical and non-technical team members
- Estimate and budget potential work, accurately assessing time spent by creative team
- Present work directly with clients
- Share new technology offerings to inspire the agency
- Experiential hardware tinkering for onsite set-up and installation
- Travel to ensure flawless technology set up and integration (10%)
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You have a passion for sports, entertainment or culture and keeping on-top of the latest technologies and identifying ways to apply them
- 5-7 years of experience in a design related capacity; preferably with project management or digital production responsibilities
- Experience with microcontrollers and other creative computing platforms like Arduino or Raspberry Pi is a benefit
- Extensive experience concepting and collaborating with creative teams to build ideas to their full potential, while utilizing emerging technologies
- Familiarity with activating or launching on-site experiential events
- Previous agency experience is beneficial, though not essential
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.