Team Sports Executive Search and Career Optimization Advisor
THE JOB / Team Sports Executive Search and Career Optimization Advisor
We’re looking for a senior executive to lead our Team Sports Executive Search and Career Optimization advisory services business. In this role, you will have the opportunity to attract to Octagon and advise a wide variety of sports, entertainment and broadcast clients on their career opportunities and trajectories, utilizing your depth of industry knowledge and wealth of contacts to help guide the advice, training and steering you provide.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You have 20+ years of relevant experience in team sports
- You have demonstrated industry-specific management and/or advisory skills
- You have an extensive network of inter-generational industry contacts
- You love bringing out excellence, fostering opportunity and finding creative solutions, especially for underserved populations
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and have created real client/customer experience solutions
- You enjoy focusing on pathways that drive our clients' goals and partner value in the context of marketplace trends
- You're a collaborative leader and a standout colleague
- Your background is strongly focused on people and business development
- You know how to make an impact, yet are cool, calm and collected in all situations
- You have an interest and expertise in lifestyle culture
- Your interpersonal skills are effective across diverse teams and disciplines
- You're able to effectively prioritize and run multiple projects at a time, and have the ability to keep up with changing prioritization and last-minute adjustments
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Identify marketplace opportunities;
- Prepare and align our clients with those opportunities;
- Recruit new clients by strategically leveraging relationships in the industry;
- Negotiate client placements and other agreements;
- Generate revenue by initiation and successful execution of business opportunities;
- Lead and ensure timely resolution and/or completion of client management projects;
- Monitor industry trends and identify future business opportunities;
- Foster industry, corporate, media and community relationships to expand the potential avenues for client career transition opportunities;
- Assist with various division-wide and company-wide events, meetings, communications and priorities;
- Showcase the Octagon brand;
- Offer thought leadership both internally and externally
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume on-line at www.octagon.com in the “Careers” section.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.