Ideator and Implementer
THE JOB / Ideator and Implementer
Calling all sports and entertainment marketing experts! Octagon is looking for a culturally savvy digital and experiential marketer to collaborate with our client managers, digital, content, production, and business development staff to ideate and execute culturally relevant outreach on behalf of Octagon’s Talent + Properties Division.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Enhance Octagon client and brand prominence with external audiences
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to understand business objectives and develop effective marketing strategies that drive business results
- Leverage your marketplace insights and expertise to innovate
- Develop unique client event opportunities and manage execution
- Think strategically, inserting our brand and clients into culturally relevant conversations
- Connect dots across all aspects of our services, geographies and platforms to optimize connected outcomes
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 3-5 years of marketing experience
- Recent experience in sports with an agency, team, league, or on the brand side
- Avid social media user experienced with social media management, understanding all social-based upload and sharing platforms and optimal content types per platform
- Understanding of the sports media business and the content landscape
- Positive attitude and ability to balance competing priorities, fast deadlines and high standards in all that you do
- Keen attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Desire to work cross functionally, both internally and externally with many team members
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to help your team succeed.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.