Account Manager, Branded Events & Experiences (Entertainment Client)
THE JOB / Account Manager, Branded Events & Experiences (Entertainment Client)
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
We’re looking for an Account Manager to lead our Entertainment client’s beverage activations team Las Vegas, NV! As a key member of the account team passionate about our client’s beverage partnerships, you’ll be responsible for the development of strategic and tactical activation plans to support holidays, sporting events and other major company initiatives.
In this role, you'll act as our day to day agency lead for experiential programs, provide strategic consultation and thought leadership in the space with our account leads. Our Account Manager will work closely with our clients to think big picture and connect the dots in a complex organization, while being able to project manage and implement tactical programs.
We are looking for someone who can lead the relationship with a senior client, guide thinking and share leading practices, while also mentoring and developing direct reports.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Serve as day-to-day contact for property and client teams for planning, selling and execution of experiential beverage programs
- Provide experiences thought leadership, ideation and creative concepting with client
- Support planning, selling and execution of client’s beverage marketing and activation plans
- Lead key meetings with internal and external constituents, outside vendors, sports talent, executives and property
- Coordinate with creative agencies and internal client groups as needed
- Build and handle detailed budgets, tracking, and timelines
- Lead all aspects of development of event marketing manuals, staff guides, program plans and recaps
- Lead and develop junior staff
- Oversee quality control of all deliverables
- Other related duties, as reasonably assigned
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You have a passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
- 3-5 years’ agency/client service/experience in project management and execution
- Willing to work holidays and weekends
- Deep knowledge of and/or experience in beverage and entertainment a plus
- You are forward thinking, proactive and creative
- You have previous teamwork experience with internal and/or external groups and agencies
- Your background spans a combination of strategic, tactical and creative projects
- You’ve managed partner relationships including vendors, suppliers, talent and assets
- A self-starter who will take initiative with new projects and work with a variety of work streams
- A desire and confidence to present materials to clients
- Your organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to multi-task are excellent
- You have superb written and verbal skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and professionally
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (in particular PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Flexible and passionate about traveling; weekend/holiday work as needed
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.