Account Executive, Branded Events & Experiences (Entertainment Client)
THE JOB / Account Executive, Branded Events & Experiences (Entertainment Client)
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
Do you love bringing experiences to life? Are you a creative problem solver, eager to join a fast-paced, dynamic team? Our team is looking for a dedicated and hardworking Account Executive. This should be your next move.
As an Account Executive, you will gain comprehensive experience in a highly collaborative environment with an Entertainment client in tandem with internal teams from other specialized practice areas. You will have the opportunity to assist and lead a variety of beverage branded events to support holidays, sporting events and other major company initiatives. This role has tremendous potential to learn and gain hands-on experience. You will work coordinating vendors and partners to craft one-of-a-kind experiential programs and experiences for our client!
We are looking for someone who can start fast, demonstrate initiative, and embrace new challenges in a fast-paced environment. Our team loves problem solving and expects each member to deliver creative solutions and ideas in a proactive manner.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Assist with numerous projects, ranging from large-scale custom experiences to small-scale turnkey events.
- Take ownership of and lead beverage specific projects.
- Conduct pre-planning, management, and implementation for events including vendor research, merchandise management, event communications, etc.
- Work with vendors to fulfill activation asset and premium needs.
- Run and execute on-site activities including set-up, engaging the participants/staffing, and event breakdown.
- Provide hands-on event staffing support and assist in the management of event staff (i.e. brand ambassadors).
- Understand clients’ values and voice while handling consumer-facing communication.
- Develop agendas and take detailed notes for weekly meetings with both internal and external partners.
- Coordinate status details on pre-event meeting agendas (i.e. transportation, F&B, etc.).
- Create, prepare, and distribute client-facing presentation decks, event execution guides, staff implementation guides, personalized itineraries for guests/talent, etc.
- Create recap documents of each event including key metrics and recommendations.
- Celebrate team accomplishments together!
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s Degree in related event management field and/or 1-2 years agency / client experience
- Beverage experience a plus
- Your passion, values, and character make you a good Octagon fit.
- You are detail oriented with outstanding organization skills.
- You're not afraid to “pitch in”, “roll up your sleeves” and get it done. You take initiative. No task is too big or too small.
- A proven ability to work effectively under short deadlines.
- You thrive under pressure and are exceptional at problem solving, regardless of those problems being in the office or on-site.
- A great teammate and an entrepreneurial thinker.
- You are invested in helping the team achieve our goals. You are ready to help at a moment’s notice.
- You know how to read a situation and can adapt to working with various personalities.
- Excellent communication, writing, and client service skills
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours including possible weekend/holiday travel.
- You have a valid U.S. driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- You are able to lift up to 50 lbs. and stand for up to or more than eight hours at a time.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.