Account Trainee, Home Improvement Retailer, College Football
THE JOB / Account Trainee, Home Improvement Retailer – College Football
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
Do you have a passion for traveling and college football? Want to be a part of the biggest games every week? If so, this is the role for you! Our client, a well-known home improvement retailer, has long standing ties with College GameDay and needs a hardworking, self-starter to assist in bringing this outstanding partnership to life each week. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the biggest names in college football while getting a unique opportunity to learn on-site event management & activation, large scale event planning, and more.
As our Account Trainee, you will support the larger team both on-site and in the office. Events will take place on weekends and involve working non-traditional hours.
The right candidate will be able to work as part of a cohesive team and engage with internal Octagon divisions, client partners, vendors, and consumers. This position requires strong team, multifaceted skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency. We take every measure to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Assist in administration and event operations of weekly on-site broadcasts, including coordinating weekly hospitality, making travel arrangements, event promotion via social media, and coordinating on-site materials (shipping and tracking of promotional items, signage, collateral, etc.)
- Travel to broadcast locations on a weekly basis to assist in the activation and supervision of client’s on-site programming
- Record and report program data including participant information, post-event surveys, store manager and customer comments, etc.
- Assist in day-to-day general office administration such as answering phones, handling incoming and outgoing mail/packages and shipments, etc.
- Other related duties/projects as reasonably assigned
- Weekend/holiday work and travel are required – approximately 75%
- Proactive – Not afraid to take initiative
- Solution Oriented
- Time Management
- Customer service oriented
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You have a passion for and experience in the sports and entertainment world
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- 1+ year’s work or internship experience in the marketing or advertising industries
- Capacity to become knowledgeable on our clients’ industry, brand and product offering
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously and produce quality work within a timely manner
- Proven track record to work as part of a team and to solve problems effectively and independently
- Outstanding organization, interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Comfortable working non-traditional hours, including weekends
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.