THE JOB / Account Director
INTEGRATED MARKETING / Responsible for leading Octagon’s client business and day-to-day management of client programs.
Octagon is looking for an Account Director to help support several clients and their various esports and gaming sponsorships, activations and influencer marketing!
The position requires a strong desire to work collaboratively, but also have the capabilities to manage various programs directly and tackle problems independently. You should be proficient in the gaming/esports industry knowledge, a strategic problem solver who can understand the intricacies of esports sponsorships and contracts for both properties and talent, have esports content and production experience, be well versed in social media/influencer marketing, and have the ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Serve as the day-to-day lead on multiple projects focused on driving client’s business and brand through esports sponsorships and support the client on their esports influencer program
- Create and manage programs, projects and budgets
- Development and execution of event logistics including onsite management
- Build and manage program plan/overviews, competitive reports, event wrap-up reports and key program tracking documents
- Management of return on investment metrics and evaluation/reporting against other programs
- Administrative functions including budget/invoicing management, approvals, internal communication, contract routing, etc.
- Support account leadership in necessary projects that come up and related administrative duties as assigned
- Make a contribution to the overall account and new projects
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A passion for and expertise in gaming, sports, entertainment, music and/or celebrity culture
- A bachelor’s degree and/or a minimum of 7+ year’s sponsorship, event marketing, marketing communications, event management/execution, social media/influencer marketing, talent management and/or sports marketing experience required, agency experience a plus
- A love for video games and knowledge about the gaming industry
- Prior experience within the esports industry working with influencers, esport organizations, leagues and community members
- Deep knowledge of esports and gaming landscapes including its major publishers, players, leagues and ecosystems
- Knowledge and understanding of console and PC esports, including, but not limited to the following titles: FIFA, Call of Duty, Fighting Games, NBA2K, League of Legends and Overwatch
- Expertise on gaming knowledge within the content and social media space on channels such as Twitch, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram
- Flexibility to work effectively under timelines, travel as needed (including weekend and holiday) and interact one-on-one with our clients
- Capabilities to run an event or program with little to no oversight
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships while managing requirements
- Proven project management skills, orientation to detail and superior organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to initiate work (self-starter) while having a “pitch in”, “roll up your sleeves” demeanor and work ethic
- Ability and flexibility to travel for extended periods of time including weekend/holiday work as needed
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.