Junior Research Manager
We are looking to grow our specialist Strategy & Insights team, delivering projects for both brands and rights holders. When working with brands our focus is on advising on investment strategies and acquiring commercial rights within Sport and Entertainment. When working with rights holders our focus is on developing and implementing commercial strategies that allow revenue opportunities from key assets to be maximised. Research, Data and Insight are at the heart of everything we do. Clients will include some of the World’s largest sponsors from a wide range of business sectors and leading rights holders from a wide range of sports.
You will be Responsible for:
- Managing quantitative research projects, including data analytics
- Developing insights and actionable recommendations from data
- Evaluating sponsorship proposals and valuing sponsorship rights
- Measurement of sponsorship ROI/ROO
- Producing and delivering sponsorship insights presentations direct to client
- Driving and facilitating data collection within the sponsor brand and agency network
- Working with our clients in the development of sponsorship strategies to meet brand and business objectives
- Driving the development of commercial strategies and frameworks for world’s leading Sports Rights holders
- Creating thought leadership pieces to ensure Octagon maintains its position of understanding the fan better than anyone else
This could be your next right move if:
- You have 3+ years’ experience of work in sponsorship, sports marketing, advertising or integrated marketing
- You have a background in a strategy, insight or research focused position
- You have an expertise in marketing as a discipline, and the role that sponsorship places in TTL communications
- You are highly numerate and have the ability to identify insights from data/research and apply actionable insights
- You pay attention to the details and anything worth doing is worth doing right every single time.
- You think on your feet and use your initiative. You like learning new things and can quickly adapt when things change
- You communicate clearly. You can write well, you speak in an engaging way and can explain your thoughts and ideas succinctly
- You thrive on managing a number of projects at any one time.
- You are a natural at building rapport with just about anyone at any level in an organisation.
- You enjoy solving problems and finding creative solutions to difficult challenges.
- You have the ability to collaborate across disciplines, departments and client’s additional agency partners.
- You are great at developing and getting the best out of your team, giving feedback and tackling issues or conflict head on. You like helping other people succeed. You enjoy teaching other people something and are a real team player.
- You are patient, level headed and cool under pressure.
You will need to have:
- A degree Qualification or equivalent
- Experience within sponsorship with a focus on research and insights
- Experience in advising brands on sponsorship strategy and rights acquisition
- Experience with syndicated research databases and reports (TGI, Mintel, Sportcal,etc.) and digital analytics / social listening tools (e.g. Sysomos, Netbase etc)
- Experience conducting primary research/survey design and/or fieldwork
- A strong understanding of the how commercial rights are structured, packaged and taken to market would be beneficial
- High level Power Point and Outlook skills and a confidence to present internally and externally
- Advanced training in Microsoft Excel, including logic functions
We’re the global sports, entertainment and lifestyle-marketing arm of IPG. A collection of 800 fans bound by a single mission: To create work that earns attention.
HOW WE SEE THE WORLD
We live in a world where time is our most precious commodity, and our audiences’ patience has never been shorter. As an industry, we’ve never had to work harder to gain the attention of the people we’re trying to reach. The way we see it, there’s two ways to go about it.
Attention is either bought or it’s earned.
Paid attention ensures your brand will be heard – and that's a good start. But attention that’s earned ensures your audience actually listens to what you're saying.
At Octagon, our purpose is to create work that earns attention. Through smart partnerships and generous ideas, we compete for, capture, and ultimately earn the attention of those who matter most.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.