Inclusive Diversity Recruiter
THE JOB / Inclusive Diversity Recruiter
WE DON’T DO STATUS QUO. WE KNOW OUR BUSINESS.
Engaging with you to attract, source, and hire the best talent.
That’s our team's vision statement and as our newest member you’ll help us rock it out.
Do you love the challenge of figuring out the puzzle that is recruitment – identifying the right talent for the business which ultimately drives impact all the way around? If so, that's who we want for this role.
You’ll lead talent marketing, sourcing, candidate engagement and hiring nationwide for roles within certain client groups, becoming a trusted and valued partner. You’re no stranger to volume and efficiency. You’ll be sourcing talent for integrated marketing, experiential event management, production, hospitality, and creative positions. Check out some of the cool jobs on our career site to get a glimpse of what we do.
We're a colorful team that strives for excellence, has opinions, values the diversity of our thoughts and experiences and most importantly has fun getting it done!
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
As you would expect, your day to day includes sourcing/talent attraction, interviewing, closing jobs and creating a positive candidate and hiring manager experience.
- Top priority is the development of effective candidate sourcing and attraction strategies that build talent pools for immediate and future positions.
- Create diversity and inclusion plans for sourcing; work across agency lines to increase contact and visibility to outreach networks and organizations
- We want you to be an out-of-the box thinker, creative in the ways in which you identify and optimize a broad range of marketing channels (including relevant digital/social media platforms, campus, organizations, associations, peer groups, diversity partners etc.).
- Work collaboratively with your clients to align sourcing activities to workforce plans and understand their recruitment needs.
- Help your client groups to clearly define and develop a compelling employee value proposition and incorporate this into your sourcing strategy framework.
- And of course you will measure and monitor the effectiveness of your strategic sourcing framework against predefined outcomes.
- Candidate Care (this is a priority for us).
- We believe creating a positive candidate experience is critical and you will be responsible for ensuring this, from initial entry point through to hire (or not). Put simply, act like a human being, not a robot. Remember, you’ve been through this process too.
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 4+ years:
- Experience in recruitment/talent acquisition field
- Full cycle recruitment and sourcing experience
- Client facing experience interacting with Hiring Managers throughout the recruitment process
- Experience conducting competency/behavioral based interviews.
- Applicant Tracking System experience (ours is Greenhouse)
- Experience developing and executing sourcing methodologies to include: market mapping, recruitment strategies (to include social media initiatives) and Boolean searches
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and effective ambassador for Human Resources and Octagon
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; effective communicator
- Proficiency with Windows environment, particularly Word, Excel & PPT, LinkedIn Recruiter
- Guided by a strong sense of ‘customer service’ and serving clients (both internal and external)
- Takes ownership of work, drives for results and accepts responsibility
- Good judgment and problem solving skills; resourceful with good and effective follow-through
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to detail, committed to excellence
- Professional composure and the highest degree of confidentiality and integrity
- Works effectively as part of a team just as well as independently
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.