Project Assistant – Legal & Business Affairs
About Our Company
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. Then, we help our clients pick the right opportunity to make the next right move. We are a passionate team of 800 savvy veterans and bold upstarts, relentlessly committed to helping our clients and our teammates push forward. What’s Your Move? See more at Octagon.com and join us @Octagon.
Octagon is seeking a Project Assistant to support the in-house legal department of Octagon Talent & Properties. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is exploring a legal career to gain experience in sports law. This position would report directly to our attorneys, with hands-on review and interaction.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Contract administration, including organizing and handling both client-related and corporate contracts
- Athlete agent registration
- Developing and maintaining organizational systems for categorizing all legal requests handled by the department and all executed contracts
- Additional duties may include assistance in commercial litigation and conducting research on various sports and entertainment law issues
- Bachelor’s degree
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Excellent proof-reading skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
- Preference for candidate considering attending law school in 2-3 years
The position is located in Octagon headquarters in McLean, VA, and is a full time position.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Please submit your application materials on-line at www.octagon.com in the “Careers” section.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.