Account Manager, Sponsorship Marketing (Baseball)
THE JOB / Account Manager, Baseball Sponsorship, Integrated Marketing
INTEGRATED MARKETING / Responsible for leading Octagon’s client business and day-to-day management of client programs.
Do you want to be part of one of the largest sponsorships in baseball? Are you equally comfortable pitching (think pitching strategy recommendations and pitching in at events…not actually stepping out on the mound)? Do you have an insider’s understanding of local sponsorships? If so, you’re in luck! We’re looking for someone to play an integral role on our team with the management and implementation of a robust sponsorship portfolio. The position will involve the on-point planning, development, property management, marketing promotion/activation of partnership benefits, to include event management with on-site support, and return on investment tracking/reporting, This position will allow someone to work cross-functionally with client business units to develop compelling sponsorship programming and drive marketing initiatives with our baseball partners.
While based in our Stamford, CT office, working in this role involves domestic travel as necessary to events and client/partner meetings. This position requires excellent communication and time management skills, creativity, proactivity, acute attention to detail and an ability to work well on a team.
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Serve as a reliable agency contact for client sponsorship team, internal client departments and agency partners
- Day to day management of baseball properties and talent relationships
- Communicate and implement yearly client objectives and strategy
- Support and grow key relationships with all partners
- Develop, coordinate, and execute flawless events
- Coordinate projects with internal resources and external vendors, such as merchandise, creative, and digital teams
- Prepare program documentation and wrap-up reports including results tracking for season and key events
- Lead weekly status meetings by crafting agendas, driving the discussion, and providing recap summaries
- Oversee social messaging and partnership content/offers with property partners
- Assist in asset management (i.e., audit compliance, ticket allocations, and financial tracking)
- Keep an eye on new business opportunities
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 5+ years of experience, preferably within either the entertainment, sports sponsorship or event marketing industries
- Property management experience is preferred
- A background in client-facing roles
- Strong understanding of the sports sponsorship space
- Support current sponsorship trend recommendations
- Experience in creating exceptional integrated marketing programming
- Extremely detail-oriented; ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously while producing quality work within deadlines
- Strong self-starter with excellent team dynamics; exceptional sense to be proactive and jump in wherever needed
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Exceptional work ethic, strong desire to succeed, and willingness to learn – intellectually curious
- Extraordinary proficiency with Microsoft Office Software (specifically PowerPoint, Excel, and Word)
- Collaborative in nature with a “no job is too small” positive attitude
- Travel as necessary, around 20% and mostly within the New York Metro area
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.