THE JOB / Experiential Trainee
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
Octagon is looking for an Event Trainee to join our team representing a luxury automotive brand. This position is responsible for supporting the client and event team in the preparation and execution of a multi-month experiential activation based in the Los Angeles area.
The Event Trainee will support the Account Manager and Senior Account Executive in the execution of a large experiential space in an upscale, retail setting used to connect the brand with consumers. During the planning phase, responsibilities may include managing event documents, supporting day to day partner relationships, conducting market research, as well as additional event tasks to be determined.
The activation will take place on both weekdays and weekends and this position will require working non-traditional hours during weekends, nights, and holidays, and may include assisting with the transport of the vehicles.
The right candidate will demonstrate a high level of initiative and works well independently and in a team environment. Strong attention to detail, high level of organization, and excellent interpersonal skills are required for this position.
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Support the Account Manager and Senior Account Executive in all on-site and office activities
- Responsible for assisting in daily set-up, breakdown, and maintenance of all event equipment onsite
- Help manage event documents, including status reports, tracking documents, and meeting notes
- Participate in market research and event recaps
- Act as a leader among event staff in on-site activations and registration
- Assist with upkeep of fleet vehicles and display vehicles
- Keep organized records of all expenses and time tracking
- Work/travel on weekends, holidays and during non-traditional hours
- Other related duties as reasonably assigned
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and 0-1+ years agency/client experience
- Automotive industry experience a plus
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to manage tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Willingness to work weekends and non-traditional hours
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.