Manager, Social Media & Communications
THE JOB / Manager, Social Media & Communications
Calling all sports and entertainment content obsessed storytellers! Octagon is looking for a Manager to support our Social Media and Communications teams, as well as Octagon digital, content, production and business staff in ideating and executing social content strategies that support our agency’s various clients!
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
Help lead day-to-day content management and engagement efforts across major social media platforms to enhance Octagon client prominence with external audiences, including:
- Ideate social concepts, content and digital campaigns
- Produce creative assets, including graphics, illustrations, videos, GIFs, and digital ads for delivery across a variety of mediums and formats, including all major social platforms
- Manage, create and publish original, high quality content
- Write social-first copy tailored to different campaigns and target audiences
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects in various stages of production
- Assist in establishing internal creative and production processes to execute timely content production
- Campaign strategy
- Content calendar planning
- Internal communications with divisions leads
- Assist larger Social Media and Communications teams with management of notifications and internal communications around major events (drafts, playoffs, tournaments, news, etc.)
- Support communication efforts and content development surrounding Octagon.com
- Contribute to Octagon Sports and Entertainment Network agency efforts, as necessary
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 3-5 years of proven experience working in the social media space or industry for brands, teams, networks, personalities, agencies, or a major organization
- A strong background in social media strategy, content development, graphic design, engagement, editing and writing
- Proficiency in artwork and design software or tools such as Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and Canva
- Experience with social media management – understanding all social-based upload and sharing platforms and optimal content types per platform
- Strong understanding of sports, including major sports leagues, players, and terminology as well as being a digital native who understands what is trending on social within these categories
- Experience in PR or newswriting is a plus
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.