Account Trainee, Payment Services - Partner Marketing
THE JOB / Account Trainee, Payment Services – Partner Marketing
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
As our new Account Trainee, you’ll be responsible for supporting the Partner Marketing Team in managing day to day relationships with a major payment services client and supporting their key travel partner in addition to other merchant partners!
In this position you will help coordinate and work with internal teams to ensure the proper planning and execution of events for clients and consumers, as well as assist in the development of compelling sponsorship programs to drive marketing objectives.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work on both small-scale events and large-scale activations for two major brands, this could be your next move!
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Assist the Senior Account Executive and Account Director in supporting day-to-day needs of our payment services clients and their key travel partner
- Play an integral part in the planning and execution process of custom marketing programs across passion platforms
- Participate in the creation of client presentations and activation strategies
- Help with numerous projects simultaneously, both large-scale custom experiences and smaller-scale turn-key events
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and/or 0-1+ years of agency/client service experience/event marketing
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent computer skills and mastery of the Microsoft Office suite; particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- You love travel and look for that as an expected part of your job. This role will put you on the road; including weekends/holidays
- You’re a whiz at organizing, keeping all the details straight while managing multiple projects
- Any payment services industry and travel/airline industry knowledge is a plus
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.