Event Manager (Professional Golf Hospitality)
THE JOB / Event Manager (Professional Golf Hospitality)
We’re looking for an engaging and energetic Event Manager to join our Events & Experiences team to support a brand new professional golf event in Las Vegas, NV! You will serve as the day-to-day point of contact for our title and host partner, operational partners and broader Octagon team to ensure flawless execution of our world-class event. This opportunity is ideal for someone who enjoys the multi-faceted world of event operations and hospitality– detail orientation, organization, deadlines, problem solving and multi-tasking.
Our Events and Experiences Division is a dynamic group of professionals that run world-class events around the country. Our model is to create and produce successful, sustainable events by merging sports, entertainment, culinary, arts, and philanthropy.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s Degree and and/or 4+ years of relevant experience (event/tournament operations, golf hospitality, partner management).
- An interest in golf is a plus, but not required. More importantly, you love the hustle and bustle of events and all the moving pieces leading up to and during the event.
- You are fantastic at building positive relationships.
- Experience working across a combination of strategic, logistical and tactical projects.
- Your people skills are bar none. No one is a stranger and you understand how to connect with everyone, treating all with respect.
- You love the details and are able to build detailed program and planning documents and timelines.
- You pitch in and are collaborative in nature with a “no job is too small” attitude.
- They call you a problem solver with the ability work effectively under pressure while working as part of a team as well as independently.
- You like building effective partner relationships including with vendors, suppliers, and volunteers.
- You know how to successfully manage a budget.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; especially PowerPoint and Excel.
- You’re able and flexible to travel and work weekends/holidays as needed approximately 25%.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- In collaboration with the Octagon team, Host and Title Partner, develop annual tournament and special event plans to achieve brand goals
- In conjunction with Tournament Director, you will lead partnership programming, create sponsorship packages, handle partner assets and deliverables, and act as day-to-day contact for Title and Host partner and other key sponsors
- Improve the value of the tournament through strategy, planning & program development; budget management; execution, and measurement/evaluation.
- Lead all aspects of on-site partner hospitality program including travel coordination as needed, food & beverage, gifting and other programs as determined
- Coordinate and execute all aspects of all pro-ams as needed, including but not limited to draw parties, pairings, bag transfers, cart cards, scorecards, cart staging, gift bags, hospitality, posting of results, awards, and entry forms
- Consult and assist Golf Channel to ensure operational alignment, best coverage and delivery of assets
- Manage tournament budget and provide necessary status reports and recaps
- Serve as the primary point of contact for event partners, vendors and supervise event coordinator
- Oversee the creation of recap documents including results, key metrics, and recommendations
- Manage and execute compliance with Tour rules, regulations and procedures as set forth in the Tournament Operations Guide, Security Handbook, Emergency Procedures, Brand Guidelines and Media Services Manual.
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.