Group Director, Strategy
THE JOB / Group Director, Strategy
STRATEGY / Responsible for developing and executing investment recommendations for our clients.
Octagon is the world’s largest sports and entertainment agency. We are the agency brands turn to when they need to know which sports, teams, leagues and properties to sponsor. We are looking for a dynamic and creative Group Director who will play a key role on Octagon’s Strategy team!
The Group Director will be a point-person for delivering insight-driven recommendations to clients and internal stakeholders. We will look to you to drive great ideas, reshape client business problems into strategic and creative briefs and develop innovative solutions to the sponsorship, experiential and marketing challenges faced by our clients!
*Please note, the location of this role is flexible. Ideally, you will be based in one of our office locations.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Lead multiple client initiatives that involve data-driven sponsorship and marketing recommendations:
- Assess the effectiveness of current partnerships
- Develop criteria to select new partners
- Measure the impact of partnerships
- Create innovative ways to bring sponsorships to market
- Go deep on understanding our clients’ business and marketing needs to deliver confident recommendations that engage and inspire.
- Create a constant stream of insights and thought starters (on category, people and cultural trends).
- Advance our approach to strategy development and contribute to thought leadership / product development initiatives.
- Develop new business proposals and participate in RFP responses.
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Deep understanding of the sports marketing landscape.
- Adept at brand positioning, audience research and insight development, campaign platform and message development, digital and channel strategies, comprehensive measurement programs.
- A knack for finding a storytelling hook, visualizing data and concepts, speaking to the work and crafting engaging presentations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to think critically and convey the results of complex analysis in a straight-forward way.
- Experience developing creative briefs and strategic frameworks for programs, campaigns and messaging/content.
- Strong problem-solving abilities, comfort driving and executing several initiatives simultaneously.
- Skilled at providing direction and mentorship to team members, can build relationships inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to switch gears and manage many competing responsibilities.
- 8+ years of proven experience.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.