Manager, Inclusive Diversity Outreach & Communication
THE JOB / Manager of Inclusive Diversity Outreach & Communication
Across Octagon's Sports & Entertainment Network (OSEN) of agencies, we strive to build an environment that celebrates the distinctiveness of each team member, ensuring that everyone feels they are valued and can contribute to what's next.
Through harnessing the unique and fresh perspectives each person brings, we believe this power of inclusion fuels innovative solutions for our clients and provides for a rich and rewarding work environment.
In order to achieve this, we know it's important for our employee population to be composed of a diverse talent mix, reflective of the myriad of perspectives represented in the world we live and work in.
As our Manager of Inclusive Diversity Outreach & Communication, you will collaborate with various teams across the OSEN network to successfully implement and communicate our strategic and tactical initiatives to increase diversity and foster inclusion. You will manage the creation, aggregation and distribution of timely content across various communications channels including but not limited to the D&I microsite, agency social media channels and internal newsletters/emails for OSEN employees.
Don't worry, you aren't alone! You will be supporting the VP of Inclusive Diversity and working alongside a Manager of Outreach & Engagement where you will have the opportunity to support our other D&I strategic pillars of Recruitment, Partnerships, Programming and Measurement.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
Leading our communications efforts, you will drive awareness and communicate progress of our diversity & inclusion programs and initiatives, both internally to the employees across our networks and externally within our industries of sports, entertainment and public relations.
- Content Creation: develop fresh, engaging content and collateral for various communication channels including email, video, social media and audio to illustrate OSEN’s programs, successes and thought leadership in the D&I space
- Social Media: manage the D&I communications strategy across OSEN’s social presence, with an overarching goal of creating a consistent voice of the individual agencies’ dedication to equity and belonging
- Public Relations: support communications team to achieve public relations goals through press releases, journalist relationship management and stewardship
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree and/or minimum of 4-6 years’ experience in brand marketing, public relations or corporate communications
- Proven commitment to DE&I
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects and programs
- Strong relationship building skills
- Knowledge of DE&I program initiatives and/or recruitment strategy & best practice a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively with all partners (internal & external)
- Solid experience with social media (LinkedIn, Instagram and newer platforms)
- MS Word, Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.