THE JOB / Creative Planner
CREATIVE / Responsible for generating bold, innovative ideas and producing design, technology and content for our clients’ marketing programs
Planning people of the world, we’re sending out the signal. Thanks to a host of good reasons, we need your help. And your big brains -- to help some of the biggest and best brands in the world tell their story through sports and entertainment. Brands like Mastercard, Taco Bell, PlayStation, Delta, General Mills and properties like the NBA, MLB, GRAMMY’s, College Football, UEFA Champions League, FIFA World Cup and the Olympics.
We’re looking for people who like to question everything and reshape every assignment. You know the type: Curious and driven to learn new things, with a passion for culture, how people think, and act, especially emotionally. You’re also willing to go beyond the assignment to find new ways of looking at client asks, new ways to talk to audiences, and new insights that lead us down a path we may not have thought of before. Best of all, you’re able to bring clarity and focus – while helping to connect the dots between disparate ideas and challenges.
You’ll work hand in hand with the creative department, our account folks, digital and S& A teams to bring clarity, focus and above all, inspiration to the creative work we do. Most importantly, you’ll help reshape client business problems and initiatives into big, fat, juicy creative briefs that drive great ideas. That means helping form often scattershot perspective and requests into clear, salient strategic direction/idea that the creative teams can work from.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Create a constant stream of inspiration, insights and thought starters (on category, people and cultural trends)
- Be resourceful: find an answer and unexpected insight or story; compile, analyze, distill and clarify consumer research, and present findings with a clear point of view
- Collect data on competitors and the market, and present/report that information as actionable strategies for the brand
- If necessary, create consumer journeys, brand positioning, brand identity and messaging, communication architecture, and brand platforms
- Work with client and account teams to distill project briefs into strong creative briefs that are actionable – and valuable to creative teams.
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 2-4 years of relevant advertising/marketing experience, ideally in brand planning, strategy or research
- Experience developing creative briefs and strategic frameworks for programs, campaigns and messaging/content
- Research/analysis skills
- Experience with brand positioning, audience research and insight development, campaign platform and message development, digital and channel strategies, building customer journeys and campaign ecosystem
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.