Account Manager, Gaming
THE JOB / Account Manager
INTEGRATED MARKETING / Responsible for leading Octagon’s client business and day-to-day management of client programs.
Octagon is looking for an Account Manager to help support our gaming client’s various esports sponsorships, activations and influencer marketing!
The position requires a strong desire to work collaboratively, but also have the capabilities to lead various programs and solve problems independently.
In order to succeed in the position, our Account Manager should be proficient in event execution, understand the intricacies of esports sponsorships and contracts for both properties and talent, have esports content and production experience, be well versed in social media/influencer marketing, and have the ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a short timeframe.
Additionally, our Account Manger should be proactive in accomplishing tasks, a self-starter who is passionate about gaming and the industry. This role will work closely with the client and other constituents (internal and external) to achieve the program goals & objectives.
*Please note, the location of this role is flexible. Ideally, you will be based in one of our office locations: CT, LA, Chicago, Atlanta.
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- The role will consist of a combination of strategic, operational and tactical projects focused on driving client’s business and brand through client’s esports sponsorships and initiatives
- Support the client on their esports influencer program and serve as the day to day lead on multiple projects
- Build and manage programs, projects and budgets
- Development and execution of event logistics including onsite management
- Develop and lead program plan/overviews, competitive reports, event wrap-up reports and key program tracking documents
- Management of Return on Investment metrics and evaluation/reporting against other programs and benchmarks
- Administrative functions including budget/invoicing management, approvals, internal communication, contract routing, etc.
- Support account leadership in projects that come up and related administrative duties as assigned
- Make a contribution to the overall account and new projects
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Existing experience within the esports industry with a focus on influencers, esport organizations, leagues and community members is a requirement for this role
- Bachelor’s degree and/or a minimum of 4+ year’s sponsorship, event marketing/management/execution, marketing communications, social media & influencer marketing, talent management and/or sports marketing experience is also required, agency experience a plus
- A passion for and expertise in gaming, sports, entertainment, music and/or celebrity culture
- Have a love for video games and knowledge about the gaming industry
- Deep knowledge of esports and gaming landscapes including its major publishers, players, leagues and ecosystems
- Knowledge and understanding of console and PC esports, including, but not limited to the following titles: FIFA, Call of Duty, Fighting Games, NBA2K, League of Legends and Overwatch
- Expertise and insights on gaming knowledge within the content and social media space on channels such as Twitch, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram
- Ability and flexibility to travel as needed (including weekends and holidays) and interact one-on-one with our clients
- Ability to lead an event or program with little to no oversight
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, and a strong attention to detail.
- Be able to build relationships while managing requirements and deliverables
- Proven excellent project management skills and outstanding organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to initiate work (self-starter) while having a “pitch in”, “roll up your sleeves” outlook and work ethic
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.