Digital Marketing Manager - Basketball
Digital Marketing Manager /Basketball
Octagon Basketball is looking for a Digital Marketing Manager to help manage one of our client’s social media presence, acting as community manager and driving ideation and execution. You will partner with internal and external stakeholders (brands, media, community partners and more) both advising and executing in such a way that leverages digital platforms to meet business and brand objectives.
As marketers, digital media is a pivotal aspect of all we do, every day, yet by nature, it is ever evolving. Trends move with incredible pace and if you’re not participating in real-time, you lose. We need someone who can engage the people at the end of every user handle. You’re the one who draws them in and connects with them on a level deeper than a double-tap.
Who we’re looking for
- 4-6 years of social media and digital marketing experience
- Basic knowledge of KPIs and how to measure outcomes to demonstrate an ROI
- Excellent understanding of young consumers and ability to connect with them through culture
- Understanding of the sports media business and the content landscape
- A digital native and an avid social media user, you also have a desire to teach the team and share your findings
- Expertise with social media marketing and data analysis and measurement across all major and emerging platforms (FB/IG, Twitter, YouTube, Snap, Tik Tok, Weibo, WeChat, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Competency with paid social methodology
- A positive attitude and ability to balance competing priorities, fast deadlines and high standards in all that you do
- Keen attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- A desire to work cross functionally, both internally and externally with many team members
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to help your team succeed
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as Keynote, Google Docs etc.
The work you’ll do
- Interact, network and build credibility across all digital platforms and properties
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to understand business objectives and subsequently develop effective digital media strategies that drive business results
- Think strategically, inserting our client into culturally relevant conversations or leading our own conversation on digital platforms, while often weighing competing priorities
- Connect the dots across all aspects of internal and external campaign implementation from concept to execution and wrap up report, (i.e. facilitating/creating tracking processes and dashboards for reporting and analytics, insights gathering, providing regular performance updates and feedback to key internal and external stakeholders)
- Drive innovation by leveraging your marketplace expertise to recommend new approaches, new tools, new platforms
- Managing relationships with social platforms
- Vetting new platforms, new distribution partners, new products from established platforms
The bigger team you’ll join
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@cmgrp.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.