Manager of Inclusive Diversity Outreach & Engagement
THE JOB / Manager of Inclusive Diversity Outreach & Engagement
Across Octagon's Sports & Entertainment Network (OSEN) of agencies, we strive to build an environment that celebrates the distinctiveness of each team member, ensuring that everyone feels they are valued and can contribute to what's next.
Through harnessing the unique and fresh perspectives each person brings, we believe this power of inclusion fuels innovative solutions for our clients and provides for a rich and rewarding work environment.
In order to achieve this, we know it's important for our employee population to be composed of a diverse talent mix, reflective of the myriad of perspectives represented in the world we live and work in.
*Please note, the location of this role is flexible. Ideally, you will be based in one of our office locations: CT, NYC, LA, Chicago, McLean, VA. However, we are flexible.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
In this role you will have the opportunity to collaborate with various teams across the OSEN network in order to implement and execute upon our strategic and tactical initiatives to build a culture that provides for an authentic sense of community & belonging represented by a diverse mix of talent. Your role will focus on the management of 5 key pillars for D&I:
- Partnerships: you will take the lead with the identification and development of external partnerships (industry, schools, associations, professional organizations etc.) with the objectives of building pipelines of future talent to consider and executing overarching strategies to improve the state of DE&I within our industries (sports, entertainment & PR)
- Recruitment: you will partner with the respective OSEN Recruiting teams to develop innovative outreach programs in support of our commitment to increase access and pathways to employment related opportunities within collective agencies
- Programming: working with our committee of Inclusive Diversity chairs & co-chairs, you will manage and assist in the execution of the programming calendar across our various ERGS (Women’s Leadership Network, Black Employee Network, IPGLBT+, SOMOS Hispanic/Latinx Heritage Group, Asian Heritage Group, and Jewish Community Group)
- Communication: you will handle the creation, aggregation and distribution of timely and relevant content across various communications channels including but not limited to the D&I microsite, agency social media channels and internal newsletters/emails for OSEN employees
- Measurement: you will support the VP and EVP in the measuring and reporting of performance against our goals & objectives for our individual agencies as well as the collective OSEN network
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree and/or a minimum of 3+ years with proven experience or exposure in D&I
- Shown commitment to Inclusion & Diversity
- Strong communication and written skills
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects and programs
- Effective at building good relationships
- Knowledge of recruiting best practices
- Ability to interact with all partners (internal & external)
- Solid experience with social media (LinkedIn, Instagram and newer platforms)
- MS Word, Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@cmgrp.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.