Social Content Creator
THE JOB / Social Content Creator
DIGITAL STRATEGY / Our digital strategy team is seeking a talented graphic designer and video content creator to support clients by developing and producing social and digital-first content and creative.
Are you a forward-thinking creator of social media and marketing content who can come up with ideas for both large-scale executions and individual posts? We’re searching for a Social Content Creator, who is well versed in sports, entertainment, pop culture, and social trends, to join our growing team. If you possess a strong background in design, editing and content creation, and have an innovative, adaptive and team-first approach, this is your next move!
You’ll work across clients to deliver digital, social media and influencer campaigns. The team will lean on your expertise to develop ideas, write copy, and design, edit, and execute social posts across channels. You’ll be a creator, making ideas come to life through dynamic, engaging social content. You will look at clients’ objectives through the lens of digital and social media and determine the best platforms, talent types, and creative executions to meet these goals. This role will also consist of community management, deck creation, development of creative for new business pitches, and campaign measurement. You are a self-starter who exhibits resourcefulness and demonstrates initiative to lead the day-to-day logistics of planning, delivering and reporting on social and digital media programs. You’ll be a part of an award-winning group of digital strategists and analysts, helping design programs that are equal parts creative and innovative and data driven. Our work is fast-paced, across a diverse group of clients, so organization, planning and time management are important.
Please be sure to submit your portfolio or samples of your work, as we cannot consider your application without it.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Ideate social concepts, content, and digital campaigns
- Produce creative assets, including graphics, illustrations, videos, GIFs, and digital ads for delivery across a variety of mediums and formats, including all major social platforms
- Liaise with strategists and creatives to develop content that is engaging and relevant to each social platform
- Manage, create, and publish original, high quality content
- Write social-first copy tailored to different campaigns and target audiences
- Research and develop audiences and identify platforms to best reach them
- Lead community management for clients across platforms, engaging with consumers and representing brands
- Participate in storyboarding, development, and post-production of design or video concepts from inception through completion
- Advise on and address client feedback in an efficient manner
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects in various stages of production
- Assist in establishing internal creative and production processes
- Encode and deliver in a variety of mediums, from .GIF files to ProRes 422 HQ
- Assist with presentation design and templates
- Assist the team in managing, organizing and archiving projects and media
- Timely reports on performance metrics for ongoing social campaigns
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A visual storyteller with a Bachelor's degree and/or 3-5 years of professional experience in design and video production
- Proficiency and experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) and editing software. After Effects and motion design a plus. Portfolio link or work samples required.
- You have a passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, and music. You keep a pulse on pop culture and what’s trending digitally
- Knowledge of Vimeo, YouTube, Facebook video and any other social-based upload and sharing platforms
- Understanding of social media platforms and relevant marketing tactics per platform.
- Understanding of social ad formats, specs, the types of creative best optimized across platforms and digital ad inventory
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and experience creating and formatting decks and presentations
- Organized and able to effectively and efficiently manage projects – you know how to keep everything on task and have a keen attention to follow-through
- You’re highly adaptive to changing client and internal needs
- You’re detail oriented and understand the importance of accuracy, as much of the work is consumer and client facing
- Team-first, collaborative mentality
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@cmgrp.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.