Sr. Financial Analyst (Client Accounting)
Sr. Financial Analyst (Client Accounting)
THE JOB / Sr Financial Analyst
Are you a natural at analyzing data and looking for a way to use your financial acuity and experience in the world of sports? If so, this Sr. Financial Analyst position within our agency is worth a review!
This position supports our account management team in analyzing and reconciling program expenses and projects for one of our larger clients. You will be the conduit that connects the client management team, our shared service center billing team and our local finance team in producing high quality and timely financial reporting. We need a self-starter who can operate independently and who can successfully run all of the various standard weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Liaise with our account team, corporate finance and shared service billers to insure accurate and complete project management
- Oversee reconciliation process for multiple events that occur per year
- Job code creation and management
- Track and manage fee schedules, client PO's and maintain all expense estimates
- Assist with cash applications/cash discount questions
- Ensure proper documentation for billing when needed
- Prepare, distribute and follow up on the accounts receivable aging reports
- Train account staff in best-practice accounting and client accounting processes
- Assist with annual and quarterly audits
- Systems administration for KORE (data input, reporting, and tracking)
- Provide limited on-site financial support for our events
- Strive to produce high quality, accurate work
- Other projects as assigned by the Finance Director
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree in Business, Finance or Accounting and/or equivalent accounting experience.
- We all draw from our experiences, looking for a minimum of 3+ years of experience in a professional services environment before you’re ready for this role.
- Microsoft Office: KORE, PPT, Word and Excel are table stakes and experience-using SAP, Tableau is a big win.
- You listen first to ensure you understand, but then quickly move to action.
- Top-notch organization skills and attention to detail are a must-have.
- We are looking for folks who can effectively communicate their forward-thinking ideas and reporting analysis (to all levels of the organization) either one-on-one, to a group, or over email.
- We need you to build strong, collaborative/positive relationships with your internal finance peers as well as with your business partner groups.
- As you might guess, lots of reporting deadlines, so we need someone who is able to work efficiently, organize deliverables and multitask shifting priorities.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@cmgrp.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.