Event Coordinator, Volunteer Program (LPGA Event)
THE JOB / Event Coordinator, Volunteer Program
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
We’re looking for an engaging and energetic Event Coordinator to join our Events & Experiences team to support the Dow Great Lakes Bay Invitational, an official LPGA event held July 11-17, 2021 in Midland, Michigan. This event would not be possible without an incredible team of dedicated volunteers. You will serve as the main contact for these 1000+ Volunteers, Tour players and amateurs, ensuring the flawless execution of our world-class event. This opportunity is ideal for someone who enjoys the multi-faceted world of event operations – detail orientation, organization, problem solving and multi-tasking.
Our Events and Experiences Division is a dynamic group of professionals that run world class events around the country. Our model is to create and produce successful, sustainable events by merging sports, entertainment, culinary and arts with philanthropy in markets that recognize the importance of cultural enhancements in the development of the quality of life in its community. We first set out to understand the marketplace and, by leveraging these insights, we craft a week-long series of events that bring the sponsoring brands to life and elevate a region for years to come.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Manage the tournament volunteer program including recruitment of chairmen and volunteer field, training, scheduling, budgets, and all communications to tournament volunteers
- Oversee tournament administration, invoicing, budgets, contracts, sales decks, and community outreach
- Assist in the coordination and execution of various event management & operational duties for the multi-day event
- Lead all sponsor/guest/staff travel, hotel stays, and catering needs
- Carry out assigned tasks with limited supervision, including coordinating and implementing projects year round.
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You have a passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
- Bachelor’s Degree and and/or 1+ years of meaningful experience (volunteer management, event/tournament operations)
- An interest in golf is a plus, but not required. More importantly, you love the hustle and bustle of events and all the moving pieces leading up to and during the event
- You’re fantastic at building positive relationships
- Your people skills are bar none. No one is a stranger and you understand how to connect with everyone, treating all with respect.
- You pitch in and are collaborative in nature with a “no job is too small” attitude
- Strong ability to demonstrate initiative, solve problems and work effectively as part of a team as well as independently
- You like building effective partner relationships including with vendors, suppliers, and volunteers
- You have the desire and confidence to become a presenter of materials to clients
- You know how to successfully manage a budget
- Your organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task are excellent
- You have superb written and verbal skills and an outstanding ability to communicate clearly and professionally
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; especially PowerPoint and Excel
- You’re able and flexible to travel and work weekends/holidays as needed approximately 25%
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status or any other bas
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@cmgrp.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.