Video Editor/Motion Graphics/Designer
THE JOB / Video Editor/Motion Graphics/Designer
Our Creative Solutions team at Octagon is seeking a talented video content creator to support us with their top-notch production and post-production skills. While this position focuses primarily on video, layout and design skills are necessary.
Ideal candidates are comfortable working in dynamic, fast-paced environment while helping our clients and Octagon tell their compelling, powerful stories.
In this opportunity, you will assist multiple sport and entertainment divisions with their client sizzle reels and other short forms of video. If you have a strong background in Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, and other applications in the Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop and Illustrator - this role could be for you. If you think you'd be a good fit, we'd love to hear from you. Please be sure to submit your portfolio or samples of your work, as we cannot consider your application without it.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You are a visual storyteller with a Bachelor's degree and/or 1+ years of professional experience in video production and editing
- You have an impressive demo reel demonstrating a strong background in video, motion graphics and samples of layout and design
- You have expertise with Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and other Adobe Creative Suite applications
- You have a strong sense of timing, typography, composition and color
- You have knowledge of working with green screen footage, sound mixing, and color correction
- You have experience with 3rd party motion graphic plugins (i.e. Red Giant, Video Co-Pilot, etc.)
- You are passionate about details; a problem solver with strong written and verbal communication skills
- You have strong organizational and time management skills, and an ability to adhere to deadlines
- You have experience working independently and/or with a team on multiple competing tasks and demands
- You have a knack for being able to prioritize and run multiple ongoing projects
- You are thrilled by innovation
- You are able to provide and receive feedback in a positive and constructive manner
- You have the ability to create high quality content with short deadlines and minimal instruction
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Work with Creative Solutions team and clients to build/create innovative video content and layout/design projects
- Put together exciting and engaging client reels
- Participate in storyboarding, development, and post-production of video concepts from inception through completion
- Advising on and addressing client feedback in an efficient manner
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects in various stages of production
- Assist in establishing internal creative and production processes
- Providing creative input and collaborating throughout the entire production process
- Assembling material into an assortment of video-based deliverables ranging from Instagram, Twitter ads, and YouTube videos to internal and public facing projects
- Knowledge of Vimeo, YouTube, Facebook video and any other social-based upload and sharing efforts
- Encode and deliver in a variety of mediums, from .GIF files to ProRes 422 HQ
- Equalize sounds for interviews and podcasts
- Assist the team in managing, organizing and archiving projects and media
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@cmgrp.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.