THE JOB / Production Designer
CREATIVE / Responsible for generating bold, innovative ideas and producing design, technology and content for our clients’ marketing programs.
We’re looking for someone who puts the PRO in production design! Someone who can take a full plate of production work and keeps a whole host of projects – everything from signage to invites to table toppers coming in, and most importantly, going out, on time and looking stellar. It’s the ideal combination of form and function going together to provide crisp production for clients and events in the sports, entertainment, gaming and lifestyle space.
That doesn’t mean you won’t have the ability to flex your own design skills. Because you will! We believe in giving everyone the opportunity to showcase what they can do when it comes to interesting, creative design.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
Specifically, you’ll be responsible for making sure our production work is scheduled, created and delivered to the high bar our clients have been accustomed too.
- Being able to define an ownable look and feel while establishing a scalable visual design system for a wide variety of event marketing materials
- Assisting in the planning, scheduling and implementation of design projects
- Resizing and producing art in various formats/file types for multiple use
- Retouching images to improve quality both in print and digital formats
- Overseeing the print production process to ensure design integrity
- Preparing marketing materials for final production, including but not limited to: brochures, posters, point-of-sale, trade shows, event signage, banners, social and digital media
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You have a passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
- Enjoys design-- and making things look breathtaking as they tell a story
- Formal design training and 3+ years of experience
- Proficiency in Mac OSX, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Office and Acrobat
- Has a strong portfolio with engaging designs
- Experience with event signage & collateral design
- Ability to design for both print & digital
- Must be able to manage quick-changing priorities and direction
- Organized, with the ability to handle multiple projects at one time
- You have an interest in sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@cmgrp.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.