Event Marketing & Communications (Golf Tournament)
THE JOB / Event Marketing & Communications (Golf Tournament)
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
Our Events and Experiences team is seeking to hire someone to lead communication initiatives for an LPGA golf event that we manage on behalf of our client. Our client, a material science and technology leader, views their partnership with the LPGA as a premier opportunity to promote inclusion, both on-the-course and in careers. Their aim is to explore the intersections between golf and life, specifically in the areas of careers and inclusion. The event was also recognized as the first professional female sporting event in the world to gain GEO certification, advancing our client’s efforts as an industry leader in sustainability!
Are you a savvy marketing specialist with expertise that covers everything from promotions to public relations? If so, we’d like to meet you! Working closely with the Event Director you’ll develop, coordinate and handle creative services, promotions, media partnerships and public relations responsibilities for this event.
Our Events and Experiences Division is a dynamic group of professionals that run world class events around the country. Our model is to create and produce successful, sustainable events by merging sports, entertainment, culinary and arts with philanthropy in markets that recognize the importance of cultural enhancements in the development of the quality of life in its community.
We are passionate about our work, we have fun, and we believe that every experience matters. We hope you feel the same way.
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
The scope and degree of responsibilities will depend on the level of the role, but might include the following:
- Oversee development and implementation of Media Budget and Media plan including management of all digital assets (i.e. website, social), media partnerships finalizing trade/cash relationships where appropriate and fulfill all elements of each partnership
- Compile and maintain up-to-date media lists (both national and local), communicating with them throughout the year
- Handle on-site activities including: media center, live/remote broadcasts
- Identify and implement effective social media campaigns including interactive elements
- Establish effective media relationships on a local and national level to secure coverage from a wide range of mediums
- Work with News Editors and Sports Editors to secure coverage from all local and regional mediums
- Collaborate with client and charitable partners to ensure their desired objectives are achieved
- Act as the project/traffic manager while partnering with the creative department to ensure all promotional materials, collateral, etc are on brand for all parties
- Build recap documents of each tournament including hard data, performance metrics, and recommendations
- Develop and maintain the “voice” for both the golf tournament and the culinary brand
- Work closely with the clients internal communication team
- Work closely with the clients executive teams, preparing speaking points and creating formal documents outlining speaking engagements
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- We are looking for someone with a Bachelor’s Degree and/or 1-5 years’ experience in related PR/Communications field or in event marketing & communications
- Experience writing and distributing press releases
- Previous collaboration with media outlets, editors, and charitable partners
- Savvy with all digital/social platforms
- Ability to effectively manage temporary and on-site support staff
- Capacity to become an authority on our client’s brand and the state of client’s industry
- Proven success in building positive client relationships as well as managing “up and down”
- Experience managing and maintaining a budget
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and operate under pressure
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Collaborative in nature with a “no job is too small” attitude to assist with overall account team duties and additional programs as needed
- Ability and flexibility to travel and weekend/holiday work as needed approximately 25%
- A writing and PowerPoint assignment may be a part of the hiring process
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@cmgrp.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.