EVP, Global Diversity & Inclusion
THE JOB / EVP, Global Diversity and Inclusion
As our EVP of Global Diversity and Inclusion you will leverage your expertise and past learnings to champion, promote and continue to build upon our agencies’ inclusion strategy and diversity initiatives across our global footprint. You will lead us in creating methods of connection, integration, and seamless interaction in a way that is unique and authentic to who we are.
Octagon Sports & Entertainment Network (OSEN) is a formidable family of agencies that specializes in sports, entertainment and lifestyle marketing, talent representation, and public relations for brands, athletes and celebrities.
You will report directly to our Worldwide CEO and work closely with the members of our executive team in partnership with HR leadership, Business Resource Groups (BRG’s) and senior business leaders across all of our agencies.
This position can be located in any one of our major city locations: Stamford, CT / Los Angeles, CA / New York, NY/ or McLean, VA. We are open to remote work in this role as well, assuming a willingness to travel to all of our office locations and spend meaningful time in one/all of our major city locations above.
Why consider This Role with Us?
We are absolutely committed to building a diverse population, with a healthy, vibrant culture, ultimately ensuring our approach in every area (workplace, marketplace & community) is inclusive, respectful, welcoming and equal for all.
In full transparency, while our intentions are always in the right place, we haven’t gotten it right all of the time. Now more than ever, we need to get it right but more importantly, we want to be leaders within our industry, making the necessary changes to champion equity.
Don’t get us wrong, we’ve done a lot of really good work, but we aren’t done. We are looking to bring someone on-board who can inspire us to achieve more – much more.
Here’s where you come in!
As our leader in ID, you will encourage new points of view at all levels and diplomatically challenge mindsets to remove systemic and cultural barriers. This work will also require development of strategic goals and measures for success, identifying additional sources for diverse talent and building networks with key stakeholders at these sources.
Don’t worry, you aren’t alone! You will be managing a two person ID team as well as have the support of local BRG’s and other employee participation. In addition to OSEN support, as part of our parent company, you will also have ID resources, consultation and partnership available at a broader level from their Office of Business Relevance, Inclusion & Equity (OBRIE). OBRIE helps to provide best practice and guidance to a host of agencies under the marketing services umbrella of IPG. So, you have a built in cohort of ID leadership to collaborate with.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum 12 years of relevant experience, which includes serving in a senior D&I role.
- Deep understanding and strong application of the concepts related to diversity and inclusion, as well as organizational structures that impact the implementation and management of effective change efforts.
- Experience activating global teams and cross-functional partners to operationalize successful diversity and inclusion programs at scale with impact within and outside of North America.
- Come with your success story. We want to hear how you worked with executives to design and implement a strategy that was grounded by insight/best practice and infused with innovation.
- Bring your entrepreneurial, creative and collaborative approach to the table.
- We want you to challenge the status quo in removing potential systemic and cultural roadblocks in a way that creates a positive impact on others and the organization.
- An ability to inspire and engage others, at all levels. Meet them where they are.
- Proven ability in building diverse and inclusive teams with an equitable management philosophy
- Adept and fluid interpersonal and collaborative skills, strategic and innovative thinking, with the ability to persuade and influence, possessing professional presence and the ability to build enthusiasm and commitment.
- Proven ability to balance the strategic with the day-to-day execution. You will get in the weeds!
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Expand upon our initial strategic roadmap for Inclusion & Diversity into a robust plan that aligns our goals with our people & business outcomes based upon OSEN’s current state and business strategy.
- Further integrate a sense of Inclusion & Diversity through innovative programs and initiatives that build awareness, allyship and capabilities across OSEN and enhance the employee/candidate experience as well as client & consumer experience.
- Provide subject matter expertise, coaching and education with our executive and senior leadership team to inform their personal leadership and organizational strategy to advance functional and key business outcomes.
- Working in partnership with your VP of ID you will collaborate with stakeholders on employee engagement surveys and action planning processes, helping HR Business Partners and business leaders refine talent strategies in meaningful and informed ways.
- Develop innovative approaches and experiential training and development to develop capabilities and empower OSEN employees in ID.
- Serve as a strategic business partner in new business activities: provide messaging, data and resources to RFP teams and other business leaders to drive client acquisition and retention; participation in presentations as appropriate.
- Be an advocate of OSEN to new and existing clients as a champion of ID and our strong belief that ID makes us a better company in creating and delivering client programs.
- Strategically align with outside organizations to help augment our strategy and push beyond “best practice” to innovate and create ground-breaking thought-leadership.
- Contribute to building our employment branding strategy, and represent the agency internally and externally, telling our story and sharing our commitments, programs, lessons learned and progress.
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN - OSEN
The Octagon Sports and Entertainment Network, within the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG), encompasses industry leaders Octagon, Rogers & Cowan/PMK, ITB and Milkmoney. This formidable family of agencies specializes in sports, entertainment and lifestyle marketing, talent representation, and public relations for brands, athletes and celebrities.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@cmgrp.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.