Account Trainee - Home Improvement, College Football
THE JOB / Account Trainee – Home Improvement, College Football
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
The Octagon team is preparing for what we hope will soon be the start of College Football season. Our client, a well-known home improvement retailer has long been at the heart of College GameDay, helping to drive fan engagement for the love of the sport, and they plan to continue to fuel that passion.
If you have a personal passion for College Football, then this is where you come in!
As our Account Trainee, your responsibilities will likely be recruiting and supervising weekly event volunteers by contacting college and university organizations, managing staff travel, communicating with and managing store promotions in each market, creation of weekly VIP communication pieces, weekly recaps and reporting, weekly on-site activation and hospitality, and assisting with program overview at conclusion of the season. This position will also require onsite event management of other client-related events in the Atlanta market.
While there may be questions surrounding what sports, and specifically, College Football will look like this fall; we are making our best efforts to be prepared with great experiences. Regardless of fans being in stadiums or not, Octagon will be at the forefront of bringing sports and the world’s best-known brands to consumers and fans in unique and safe ways.
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Assist in administration and event operations of weekly on-site broadcasts, including coordinating weekly hospitality, making travel arrangements, event promotion via social media, and coordinating on-site materials (shipping and tracking of promotional items, signage, collateral, etc.)
- Travel to broadcast locations on a weekly basis to assist in the activation and supervision of client’s on-site programming
- Record and report program data including participant information, post-event surveys, store manager and customer comments, etc.
- Assist in day-to-day general office administration such as answering phones, managing incoming and outgoing mail/packages and shipments, etc.
- Other related duties/projects as reasonably assigned
- Weekend/holiday work and travel are required – approximately 75%
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You have a passion for and expertise in the sports and entertainment world
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- 1+ year’s work or internship experience in the marketing or advertising industries
- Capacity to become knowledgeable on our clients’ industry, brand and product offering
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously and produce quality work within a timely manner
- Proven track record to work as part of a team and to solve problems effectively and independently
- Outstanding organization, interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Comfortable working non-traditional hours, including weekends
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@cmgrp.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.